Organization leaders are always looking for ways to make processes at work easier, functional and more effective. The tools we need to accomplish these things don’t have to be complicated or expensive. Free screen capture software is one of the best simple tools that is underused. Companies can use free screen capture software to improve the clarity of communication and enhance group collaboration in a variety of ways. They can be used across all departments and disciplines. Here are the top ten ways screen capture software fosters better team collaboration at work.
- More efficient bug reporting. A critical step in any QA process, you can make reporting bugs easier with screen captures. Capture the issue on your screen and highlight the specific problem. You’ll be able to annotate and share with your team in just a few easy steps.
- Creates shareable links. We are working in 140 character world so less is more. Instead of lengthy emails, simply take a screen capture and pass on the shareable link to your colleagues. A link unlocks exactly what you want to share without unnecessary explanation.
- Provides specific visual aids. Move away from abstract descriptions and give specific visual imagery to support your ideas.
- Gives context. You can give explicit and specific context to things by providing a visual. A screen capture can eliminate confusion about what is being described, questioned or demonstrated.
- Captures moments in time. Share an exciting milestone met, feature on a news site, or ranking on a search page. You can easily capture a moment in time to be preserved and shared easily with your team.
- Provides easy access to capture history. A good free screen capture software should offer you a reasonable amount of free online storage to quickly and easily access your capture history.
- Lets you capture stills and video. Capture a short video using screen capture software. It’s a great tool for demonstrating a protocol change in your company or even for reporting bugs.
- Helps you give concise feedback. A good screen capture that is accurately annotated gives you a way to provide specific feedback and leaves less room for misinterpretation.
- Allows you to share multiple files easily. Screen capture software like Tiny Take by Mango Apps has a bulk share feature where you share multiple files with one easy zip file link. By being able to save captures in a variety of formats, you can share different file types.
- Makes work social With screen capture software you can make things like office memes. It doesn’t sound like a big selling point, but creating a funny office meme can lighten up morale or bring some comic relief when needed. Add captions to photos, draw a mustache on your co-worker to wish them a happy birthday or make your own photo of the day to circulate in your office.
A simple tool like free screen capture software can make a big impact your daily communication. The better your communication is, the more productive you are going to be. The more productive you are, the better your business becomes and that is good for everyone across your organization.